- 1 x Sepro 2.4×4.2m (8’x14’) Tire Drive Scrubber
One of Canada’s largest aggregate operations, the Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited’s Sechelt mine covers over 250 hectares of land and produces 4 million tonnes of aggregate per year. While technically on the mainland, Sechelt is only accessible by ferry due to the surrounding deep inlets and rugged mountains. The mine produces five types of product, namely crushed stone, gravel, recycled construction aggregate, sand, and concrete aggregate. Most production is transported to market by barges.
- The mined aggregate at the Sechelt operation contains clay which needs to be removed from the sand and gravel in order to create saleable products.
- Their existing ore scrubber had metal riding rings supported by steel wheels as well as a large sprocket and chain around the outside of the drum. This was causing frequent and expensive repairs which resulted in high operating costs and limited availability.
- Sepro designed a custom scrubber drum and drive base to fit directly into the footprint of the existing scrubber so the changeover was quick and inexpensive. No structural modifications were necessary.
- The existing scrubber was removed and replaced with a 2.4×4.2m Scrubber having the following features:
- Low maintenance tire drive system
- Modern automation
- Removal of the old scrubber and installation of the Sepro scrubber only took 7 days including electrical hookup.
- There has been no replacement or repair of major scrubber components after more than 10 years of operation
Looking for a single source supplier for your mining business?
Contact our experts to find a solution that is right for you.Find Your Rep